Monday 8 April 2013

G is for Growth

Growth

Hello. 

As you can see, my blogs are still following the A-Z Blogging Challenge for the time being.
This is while I find my feet in the blogging community with my first blog site.

I've decided today to grace you all with my thoughts about growth.  No, don't worry. We'll not be taking an in-depth look at the blistering, itchy, pus seeping, lump on end of my nose but if you want me to discuss how much taller than myself my children have become then like any other proud parent I could go on and on and on.

Yesterday I packed my sandwiches and a drink and took myself on a trip down to the end of my garden.  It was there I rediscovered the allotment. It's not really a grand thing, just a few boxes made out of other stuff that had been left over from something else.  It was our veggie patch, is our veggie patch I should say, and once I master how to post a photo to this blog, I'll keep you posted of our progress in this area.

Our progress means myself and my youngest son who enjoys gardening.

Btw, if you're looking to grow in your expertise of writing flash fiction and short stories, why not pop over to the writing competition website http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/
and choose one to enter.  We're currently accepting entries for these competitions:

http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/2013-burst-flash-fiction-competition.html


http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/2013-open-short-story-competition---maria-smith.html


http://erewashwriterscompetition.weebly.com/2013-full-stop-short-story-competition---helen-baggott.html


Do you like gardening?

Goodbye and see you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I will have to bookmark your site because when A-Z is done whipping me I tink I'd like to try another event.
    Shawn at Reading Practice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Shawn, I will look forward then, to you joining in with one of our future comps.

      Thanks for poppping in.

      Delete
  2. When I lived in a flat I adored watching gardening programmes and dreamed of having my own garden. I moved here 10 years ago and have a tiny patch to call my own. It's smaller than some patios, but I love it. I also love witnessing the nesting blackbirds that attach their home to my fence every year.

    I'm not too much of a gardener, if I'm honest. But I do love my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tiny patch is all one needs sometimes. Many people grow quite successfully in containers, Helen. By that I am not suggesting one cultivates humans in containers, btw. Oh dear.

      Thanks for popping in.

      Delete
  3. Looks like your doing great with your blog!

    Regards gardening, I'm rather envious, I don't have the time to add anything else to my time schedule right now. I do grow a few herbs outside the back door, and I may try a few salad leaves in a pot this year, but that will have to do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. I must admit, I am actually starting to enjoy posting every day to the blog. At first I was wondering if I could manage it but I find myself considering the letter most of the day and then it just blasts out from me of an evening.

      I went on a WEA course last year and was taught something about herbs and salad leaves. Growing them can be quite fun.

      Thanks for popping in .

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Comments are moderated before posting.